Thursday, April 12, 2007

SMART-middle- describe

*Become one of the characters and describe your experiences during a certain event.

*I became Richard Coleman, who is main character Maude's father.

I was greatly surprised with Kitty several times. These days, Kitty seemed to have some great and radical event going on her. I knew something was happening to her by old sense, but I could not guess what it is. I am not a fool- I know just by looking at her eyes. Her health was not good yet, but her facial expression got influenced by some passion in her heart. I should have noticed back then. If I knew right away when I felt her changing, then she might not be influenced by that suffrage thing that deeply. I felt so sorry for Maude, my little princess. Although she is already almost thirteen and I don’t express my feelings well, I love her very much. So I could not keep myself from exploding when I heard the news about Kitty. I should admit that Maude is growing up and is no more a child, but still she needs love and care of her mother. Of course, I was furious at my wife since she worked as an active suffragette and caught by a police. Mother and my Coleman house will have an ingrained disgrace. However, that was not the whole reason of my anger. I was angry at myself, who did not pay lots of attention to my wife. I knew she was undergoing a change, but I never put an effort on knowing what the change is. Since the person who could stop her wasn’t there at the time next to her, she got deeply influenced by such topic. Also, I was quite shocked when I found out that Kitty does not know much about Maude. In my opinion, I think I have more knowledge, or attention, toward Maude than her. Really, Maude is growing into a lady and she needs a wonderful example of good lady, and good mother so she can be just good as her role model. I thought that Kitty will be good example of Maude although she has some drawbacks to solve out. However, she did not even show her love toward Maude because of all those suffrage things. I was so furious that I shouted at Kitty for long time. Later, Maude said she had never seen me angry like that. I felt genuine apology to her. She is a sensitive girl, and I think she noticed the fact that Kitty is more spending time on working with Mrs., I mean, Ms. Black. Maybe I should talk to Maude more, and say that Kitty always loves her, although she does not express the feelings often.

1 comment:

Bryan Munson said...

Good entry in terms of character. Be careful with your wording to keep it precise and correct.
A